Friday, September 2, 2016

Broken Legacy Chapter 8: Scars and Bonds is LIVE!


I know it's been a long, tedious wait during sad, solemn times for Superman/Wonder Woman fans, but it's finally here. The last chapter of my second Superman/Wonder Woman story is complete. I know it's not quite as long or as epic as "Strangers In Paradise." I never intended it to be in the first place. I also didn't intend for this to focus entirely on romance. I wanted to explore other concepts along the way that I think are worth exploring. A part of me feels I didn't explore them enough, but I still made sure that this story had a satisfying ending of sorts.

Now I'm not going to lie. The recent developments between Superman and Wonder Woman in the comics with DC: Rebirth did affect this story. I started it off with the idea that I build layers on top of the core plot around Tyr-El, the Amazons, and Lex Luthor. Then, DC: Rebirth happened and I just didn't feel the same energy I felt during "Strangers In Paradise." I didn't have the will or desire to expand this story to same extent that I did with my last story. For this, I apologize.

That said, DC: Rebirth did not change the ending I had in mind for this story. I always intended it to be a story that would bring Superman and Wonder Woman together in a profound way. I made it much more personal and much more dramatic this time. They both had to fight bitter personal battles with their past and their legacies. Along the way, they connected. That connection helped carry them through the final battle against Tyr-El in the previous chapter. Now, this final chapter will complete that connection.

If you're a Superman/Wonder Woman fan, this chapter is what you've been waiting for. It's the culmination of all the personal struggles and personal dramas that have tormented these two as individuals. Finally, after all this emotional upheaval, they can come together a couple. It's a moment I've been building towards. It's a moment that I hope Superman/Wonder Woman fans will find satisfying during these difficult times.


As I've said before, this is going to be my last Superman/Wonder Woman story for the foreseeable future. I had some other ideas, but I now don't have the time, energy, or desire to pursue them. I now intend to focus my efforts on a few other projects, some of which I hope to announce soon.

That's not to say I'll never write another Superman/Wonder Woman story. If I get an idea that's just that good, I will pursue it. I don't like to leave ideas like that hanging. For now though, I'll let "Broken Legacy" and "Strangers In Paradise" be my primary contributions to Superman/Wonder Woman stories. To everyone who has supported these stories, as well as my other projects, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment